Friday, April 1, 2011

PET Scan Day

April 1, 2011 – PET Scan day - Did you ever have to lie on a table and put your arms over your head for 25 minutes while not moving? Well, that was part of my PET scan today. It’s a long process. My shoulders were aching. They inject you with some glucose that’s been processed at a Japanese nuclear power plant and then you have to sit for an hour while the radiation finds all the cancer places to hide in. Then they take you into the “donut room” where they torture you with your arms above your head for 25 minutes (I tried to count to 60, 25 times hoping it would make the time go faster – it didn’t). Prior to that they put on my Hannibal Lecter mask and did about 15 minutes of PETting while I was completely pinned to the table. I think they learned this from Dick Cheney’s “enhanced interrogation techniques.” I was ready to talk and I didn’t even do anything.

Dinner out tonight as I start to enjoy my last 10 days before they start to poison and burn me. Back to the RadDoc on Tuesday for final planning.

3 comments:

  1. Think of it as a yoga position?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben, all the best from us out here in California. We are thinking of you and we know you will stay strong.

    Don & Sigal

    ReplyDelete
  3. you'd think they would play you some music or something, Marcia

    ReplyDelete