Friday, April 15, 2011

End of Week One

April 15, 2011 – End of week one

As I was told, this week was no big deal. I survived 5 days of radiation with minimal effects (some fatigue) and my first day of chemo (Tuesday) with “some” side effects but I otherwise feel just fine. Chemo reactions:  a bit of insomnia the night of (I felt like I was trying to sleep after too much caffeine), a dryer mouth, an “odd” feeling overall, a hint of constipation and my first hint of nausea Thursday night (2.5 days later). I played golf the night of chemo (to great failure) and also the next morning (much better). I felt some fatigue each day and napped Thursday afternoon. My wife is feeding me fattening food and complaining she’s going to get fat now too. How is that my fault?? Oh yeah, it’s always the husband’s fault. With all this extra fatty food I’m eating I’ll probably have a heart attack before the cancer can kill me! I’ve gained a few pounds. My doctors like that – which tells me much of what I need to know about the upcoming weeks (the sound of ominous drums……).

1 comment: