Friday, June 24, 2011

June 24, 2011 - Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

June 24, 2011 – A Plateau; Also Some Significant Progress. Fore!!!!!!

Yep, you read that right. I played 9 holes of golf with my wife and 2 other neighbors this afternoon (all women; why would men want me around at this pathetic level). I didn’t play badly either considering I felt as weak as a kitten out there. My energy wasn’t the problem, my loss of weight and muscle mass was. Soooo weeeeaaaaakk.  You need torso and leg strength to play golf and my legs have been deteriorating for years (prior muscle wasting problem) so this was just more of that. It was tough. And I am NOT ready to play 18 holes that’s for sure. It was great to get out there though.
My plateau? I haven’t eaten anything by mouth since my mashed potato adventure on Tuesday. My Wednesday pain was significant to the point I didn’t even want to take my pain meds by mouth. I still did all but one time. So I’d say no progress and even some regression since Tuesday on eating normally (I grimace just thinking about it). Debbie at RadDoc tells me I might be becoming “used to “ the pain meds. The answer to that? More pain meds. Screw that. I’m sick of this crap.  Two 5MG tablets of Oxycodone every 4 hours…..then I wait for more healing.

More progess? As of this hour (nearly 7 PM) I’ve consumed (by tube) 5 full cans of Boost which is a first this early in the day. I’ve only had a handful of other days (2 or 3) when I accomplished that. I expect to do a good job on can number 6 in a couple hours and that will be a FIRST for me since I started down this miserable road.  My stomach seems very receptive to more quantity for some reason. So to quote Meatloaf:  “Two out of three ain’t bad!!”
All in all it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment