Sunday, May 29, 2011

May 29, 2011 - I Feel Awful!!

May 29, 2011 - I Feel Awful!!

There is no point sugar coating this, I’ve had a bad weekend. Other than constant nausea (Friday night I had my first “V” incident in almost 3 weeks), mucous production that won’t cease, an inability to put enough food into my stomach to avoid losing more weight, and an overwhelming fatigue that keeps me napping several times a day, I feel fabulous!!

Judging by the responses to my last posting, I may have given people the impression that since treatment is complete, it’s just a matter of a short time before I’m failing at golf again. Nope. I don’t imagine I’ll be doing much of anything until after summer and then, maybe. I still have to learn to eat again once my mouth starts healing from 7 weeks of being burned. That won’t happen overnight. My nausea has to subside so my digestion returns to a pace that allows me to “eat” enough to sustain my existence. I have to gradually get my strength back and as most of you know, it was already compromised by my muscle wasting problems. I have a long road ahead of me.
Emotions:  I’m definitely having moments of discouragement where it feels like this will never end. I know it will and I just have to ride this out the best I can. My wife continues to do all she can for me as I encourage her to go out and enjoy normal activities. She’s doing that. I’m hanging in there. At least I’m done being poisoned and burned. Time will take care of the rest of it. I have to believe that.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, believe: time is the best healer! The worst is already behind! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all pulling for you Ben, If anyone has the strength to get through this, you do, remember that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe it or not, being pissed off is good. That attitude will help you get through this. We wish you strength and better days ahead.

    ReplyDelete