Monday, May 9, 2011

Cancer Boy Has Two Mouths

May 9, 2011 – Cancer Boy Has Two Mouths

Yep. I had the feeding tube installed today. Now I have a tube sticking out of my belly about 2 inches above my navel and 1.5 inches below my breastbone. I just tried it for the first time with water to see what would happen. It worked. I’ll try food before the night is over. Food…well Boost anyway. I don’t feel very well so we’ll see if it works.

Since my Saturday posting it’s been back to Space Mountain. Saturday was a good day until later into early evening when the pain in my throat started getting worse. I’m wearing a “pain patch” now and was also taking an extra 5mg of Oxycodone every 5 hours or so. I bumped that to two pills every 4 hours and after about 20 hours of that, the pain returned to its regularly scheduled level.
Last night wasn’t bad either – once early afternoon arrived.  I managed to swallow 4 Boosts and something else along the way. Well….about 9:30 last night I suddenly, and I mean suddenly, rushed into the nearby bathroom and returned one of my valuable Boosts! I mean I went from feeling generally ok to Barfburg in 60 seconds. Now I’m afraid to be too far from any facility.

Tomorrow is day 5 with ChemDoc and day 21 of RadDoc.  The nausea from the chemo (or everything at once) has become my number one problem. Can’t keep food with me. Here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment