Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 7, 2011 – At Least the Hiccups Went Away

July 7, 2011 – At Least the Hiccups Went Away

That’s about all the good I can speak of today. I cut down my pain pills figuring they were a contributing factor for hiccups (so I hurt more) and only once did I take Thorazine. But hiccups – very disruptive and exhausting - are a royal pain so I’m glad they went away – for now I suppose.  A cancer survivor I communicate with said he had hiccups for 30 straight hours once. That was during chemo. I guess I shouldn’t complain.
My stomach continues to rebel keeping me from eating enough food to keep me from losing weight. It’s not so much nausea as a feeling of indigestion and fullness beyond reason considering how little I’m taking in. I’m not hungry like I was a week or so ago and any hunger pain also feels like very mild nausea. That’ll make you want to eat!! I’m back on IsoSource instead of my Boost diet so I alternate them to some extent. That may have helped with the hiccup problem too.

I refuse to weigh myself anymore since I don’t really want to know. I still take pain pills by mouth but regular food intake is still very minimal due to throat pain. My energy level is lower than last week (probably malnutrition) so golf went to the back burner again. I don’t do much except read, watch TV, sleep and feel lousy. This is not a lifestyle I would endorse.

As I’ve said many times:  This just sucks. I’m told I still have many months of this to go. It’s a new meaning of the phrase “life sentence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment