Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011 - I'm Malnourished. Who Knew?

July 14, 2011 - I'm Malnourished. Who Knew?

I met with a different doctor at my Radiation Oncology practice because I was feeling like I needed to check out my throat since it's not getting better. Turns out I still don't show any signs of cancer but my thoat is NOT healing as fast as it should. Why? Well, I'm malnourished (lost a couple more pounds recently). I referred to my "catch 22" a few postings ago and that's exactly what is happening. Now I'll be seeing a gastro doc and a nutritionist to try to stop the weight loss and get some calories in me so I can heal. What a mess.

Emotions:  I continue to struggle. I'm emotionally drained and the very essence of me has been ripped out of me. I don't feel like the same person anymore. Yesterday I told my wife that I feel like a plant. That's what I feel like.

3 comments:

  1. well, if you're a plant, pretend you're a cactus as they can survive when the going gets rough . and their roots run deep, to find the nourishment they need.(and I'm saying all of this with no snarky-ness so please read it that way .. because I'm sending my best .. bz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh,common! A plant!? You've got through the worst. Just see it as a temporary setback. Switching medicine (painkillers), switching (seeing other) doctors might help. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry, I know it is a very hard trip that you are making. I hope things improve for you soon

    ReplyDelete