Sunday, July 17, 2011

July 17, 2011 - Not Ready for Prime Time

July 17, 2011 – Not Ready for Prime Time

I don’t think I’ll try to socialize again until my health is better than it is now. I visited with some good friends the past few days and I just couldn’t get into the party atmosphere since I can’t eat, drink or even speak very well. Add to that a very low energy level. I’d rather be alone. Everyone is nice and supportive but I like feeling equal rather than like the sick friend. Maybe later.
I was hoping by now that this blog would be a chronological account of my recovery. Instead it feels like I’m documenting a trip to hell (with no return flight). Pain and digestion miseries continue. I’m now using a pump to deliver 3 cans of IsoSource into me as I sleep. It delivers at a rate of 2 1/3 ounces per hour (about the size of a few good gulps of water). I’m hooked up to it for about 9 hours. I could do 4 cans but then I’d be tethered to this thing for over 12 hours. The rest of the day I can try to consume another 3 cans in order to quit losing weight. So far today is the best day with 5 ½ cans. My stomach continues to feel “sick” and slow to digest so that’s the problem. Sleeping with this thing is working out (2 nights so far) although I have to limit my movements and sleep positions.

My mouth is really sore including my tongue and cheeks. It feels like I have Thrush; I had it early in treatment. My mouth is slimy, little bumps are forming on my cheeks again and I have more pain in more places including farther forward on my tongue. Last week’s doc visit didn’t produce that diagnosis so I have to try to do some serious convincing. It was a 6 day anti-biotic regimen last time. I want to try it again. I need something to show progress.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that drugs (antibiotics in your case) might cause some of the problems (nausea,mouth sores,feeling of fullness). No way of switching to something different (medication, food, etc.)?

    ReplyDelete