Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 10, 2011 - Trying to Find Good Things

July 10, 2011 – Trying to Find Good Things

I’ll try not to whine much today even though I’ve had no improvement all week.
Things that have NOT been a problem for me:

1.      Radiation burns on my neck:  I did have some during treatment but they were mostly treatable with cream and I’ve healed up nicely. My neck, if anything, looks better than it used to. I know I’m still sensitive to the sun and I’ll take care of that – if I ever get back out in the sun.

2.      Constipation – Even though just about every treatment and every medication “can cause constipation” I had no issues there (oh wait, I shouldn’t say that, there is still time). Milk of Magnesia seems to work for me. End of story there.

Things that HAVE improved:  Mucusitis. I’m producing much less of it now but it’s not 100% gone. I do have a dry mouth but that’s going to be life-long from what I was told early on so I can deal with that.
Having said all that, I’m coming to grips with my new life as a stay-at-home sick slug. I imagine I’ve lost more weight with my appetite issues so this is my “new normal.” I was told I’d have to adapt to the “new normal” so I’ll give it a try. My “new normal” is to sleep a lot, eat what I can when I can and read and watch TV when I have the energy for any of it. I’m throwing in the towel on golf and music for the rest of the year since I can’t be sure I’ll ever be able to handle either again. I’ll wait for the promised improvement in health and energy before trying that again. For the most part, I feel like I could fall asleep at any time. So I’ll go now and  slide a bit of IsoSource into my sour stomach and then go nap. Life is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment