Friday, August 5, 2011

August 5, 2011- Ongoing There Will be Fewer Postings

August 5, 2011- Ongoing There Will be Fewer Postings

Three days have gone by and there’s not much to write about. From now on there will be fewer postings on my blog since each day is the same as the one before. In general my new life is getting up in the morning and trying to figure out how to get some real food past my (seemingly) permanent sore throat into a stomach that also seems to be perpetually upset. Unless that changes I don’t have much else to say. I’m weak and feel like I’m one opportunistic illness away from being in medical trouble. I’m either going to get better or I’m doomed.

My wife made some great beef stew a couple days ago and I was soooo looking forward to eating real food. I took extra pain pills (I’m back on my old schedule in that regard) numbed my throat with Lidocaine and ate a good size portion of ground up beef, vegetables and potatoes. My stomach loved it – for about an hour. Then it started to feel like it usually does. Last night I decided to do the same thing and while I know I need real food, my stomach was severely upset for hours afterward. That’s my life right now. I just cannot catch a break. Today I’ll skip the stew but plan on trying again tomorrow with maybe a smaller portion.

That’s it for now. I’m extremely discouraged with my lack of progress with nobody really able to offer me any help. I see my original ENT doctor on Monday and if he has anything new to offer I’ll post it here. Otherwise I’ll try not to go more than a week without saying hello. Thanks for reading all these months and I’m sorry it’s not more of a positive blog. But it is an honest one.

3 comments:

  1. sorry to hear that you're still struggling, Ben .. as always sending some light and all good vibes your way .. would a day a the beach help you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you crazy!? Take it easy! Try to swallow (to eat) something easier on stomach like soups.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will look for your occasional note. Understand why, makes perfect sense. I know my nephew (Linda's son-in-law) is eating now but still very limited. So I guess it takes a very long time. It's probably good they don't tell you ahead of time, because you might not go through with the treatment.

    ReplyDelete